Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Where to now?

I am on sick leave.

Having taken a position with a local council where I thought the job was to develop and promote two wonderful townhalls I have discovered that the Agenda was different. After two months I fell apart.

This has been something of an advantage as I am under strict orders not to think about or talk to anybody in my workplace. Or not to think about the job.

My mind though has been racing. It is in work mode and every little synapse is firing continuously.

I have redirected my thoughts to a more creative process.

Firstly here the A list this began after I recollected a comment to me made by the wonderful Janis Ian. I wrote that thought down and it was followed by a lesson I had learnt from another star. Within ten minutes I had ten associations and comments.

The List is now considerable and I think there might be something more to it. I have now written an introduction and a summation. I have found four other chapters which help illustrate why I am who I am and why I am qualified to make comment about this group of people.

This is not a kiss and tell book or I hope it is not going to be. It is more about the way I have observed people not what I have seen - oh, except for a couple of stories.

It is fun collecting them and also fun having others jump out at you wanting your attention. Today whils walking the dog I met Captain Peter Janson, Kenny and Joan Harris. Each had a comment for me.

The next task is to find a literary agent.

No comments: